Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS image needed to run EIGRP on Cisco 881 router

adil.nasser3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I can't find an image for the Cisco 881 router which can run EIGRP.

Can someone tell me what IOS version I need to obtain to run EIGRP on the Cisco 8871?

Thank You,

Adil Nasser

adil.nasser@owenscorning.com

11 Replies 11

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

c880data-universalk9-mz.124-20.T.bin

I downloaded an even more updated IOS version and it still doesn't support EIGRP.

The version I downloaded is:

c880data-universalk9-mz.124-24.T.bin

Can you recommend any other IOS versions?

Adil

the IOS I posted is what I'm using and it's running EIGRP just fine.

What exactly are you trying to do, what error are you getting? Maybe there is something else happening.

The universal IOS contains all feature sets available from Cisco. The part you are missing is that you need a key to unlock the extra features such as: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.

You need to contact the reseller that sold you the IOS in order to obtain the software key.

Please refer to this link for more information on Software Activation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9677/products_ios_technology_home.html

__

Edison.

Why can I run the other protocols fine, such as OSPF and BGP but not EIGRP?

Adil

You need to add a license for adv ip services. You can get a 60 day evaluation license from cisco. Once you add the license and reboot you can run EIGRP.

Yes. I have obtained a 60 day evaluation license while I wait for the PAK to arrive by FEDEX.

Apparently, based on what I was told by my supplier, the first batch of 881's shipped before the PAK's were ready so they followed in later shipments. Future orders should have the licenses included in the same package and even enabled in the factory when you order the adv ip license at the same time you order the actual router.

Thanks to all who have contributed their posts toward my question.

Adil

Hi,

Is the advipservices feature for free ?

I use the 60 day version on my Cisco, but i cant understand how can i get the permanent licence ???

Under the new license model, an additional license key is needed for the advance ip services feature and this url describes several ways to install the permament license but not much info about how to acquire/purchase one:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/csa/configuration/guide/csa_overview_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Several options exist to order the license such as purchasing it separately and then installing it or it can be ordered to be installed in the factory. I've been trying to find out how to order the router with the license already installed inside it but haven't found how yet - believe or not. Cisco seems to have a done a poor job with communication of this new license model/process.

Since you have the router already, all you need is to order the license from your vendor. They mail you the PAK which then you can use to go online to get the license and install it. The part # to order is:

SL-880-AIS

Thank you Adil,

but do you have to pay for this PAK ? Becouse if i do, it is better for me to buy 871 model becouse i can upgrade it to advipservices just with the SmartNet that I allready have.

Yes you do have to pay for the PAK.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card