cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently implemented the mobility feature and LiveRecord on our executive phones, we added the following lines to each users ephone-dn:

mobility

snr 9240xxxxxxx delay 3 timeout 12 cfwd-noan 400

I created an ephone-template as follows:

ephone-template 5

softkeys remote-in-use CBarge Newcall

softkeys hold Resume Newcall Join Select

softkeys idle Dnd Redial Newcall Pickup Gpickup Cfwdall Login Mobility Join RmLstC ConfList

sofkey seized Redial Endcall Cfwdall Callback Gpickup Pickup

softkeys alerting Acct Callback Endcall

softkeys connected Hold Endcall Trnsfer Confrn TrnsfVM Mobility LiveRcd Park Join Select ConfList RmLstC Flash

sofkeys ringing Answer Dnd HLog

Under each users ephone we added the following line:

ephone-template 5

The issue we are running into is:

When on a call on the desk phone if you try to select the Mobility softkey the option comes up to DisableMobileConnect and it doesn't give the option to transfer to the mobile extension.

We are on the 7.1 early release and all the other mobile features work perfectly, I can have a call on my cell and pick it up on the desk phone by selecting resume, the dual ring works great as well, just this one feature doesn't seem to work. I can post an ephone config if that helps.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

The call flow does matter - I tried a quick test in my setup here:

- If call came into the SNR DN (x106 in your case or the PSTN number that is mapped to 106), then there is an option to transfer call to mobile device

- if call was placed out by the SNR DN or any other DN on the phone, there is no option

I will check with the produt marketing folks on if this behavior may change as I can see the use case but the option to transfer to mobile phone will show up only on a call inbound to the SNR DN extension.

Thanks

Maulik

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

2 questions:

- can you post the full config and version

- when you are on a call, is this an inbound call to the SNR DN or an outbound call from the phone from another DN?

Maushah,

I have attached a full config w/ the version. In terms of the call, any inbound call, whether it be an inbound call from an external line to the phones extension or an internal call from extension to extension. once the user is on the call they can't select the mobility button to move the call to their other phone paired using the SNR. Hopefully that makes sense :)

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

The call flow does matter - I tried a quick test in my setup here:

- If call came into the SNR DN (x106 in your case or the PSTN number that is mapped to 106), then there is an option to transfer call to mobile device

- if call was placed out by the SNR DN or any other DN on the phone, there is no option

I will check with the produt marketing folks on if this behavior may change as I can see the use case but the option to transfer to mobile phone will show up only on a call inbound to the SNR DN extension.

Thanks

Maulik

OK, that does seem to be the case here as well. It is unfortunate, I'd love to see the ability to transfer a call made outbound as well as transferring a call that was placed to the line, but hey, this is a start :)

Thanks for the assist!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: