cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Installation Issue

samcapaldi317
Level 1
Level 1

When I try installing the VPN Client ver 5.0.04.03000 I get an error message saying "Error 27854: The Network Configuration LOck is held by another application. Close all applications and run Setup again. ..."

c

I have tried shutting down all processes in Task Manager and any services to no avail. I have tried logging in as a local user ... same error. And have tried rebooting in Safe Mode but get error saying the system admin won't allow me to install.

Lastly, I scoured to web and found nothing. Mine is the only laptop (Dell D630) which won't allow. All other D630's will allow the install.

Please help.

7 Replies 7

DialerString_2
Level 3
Level 3

I would try disabling your network interfaces, including the WIFI. I hate to type the following but, use MSCONIG.

Thanks. I disabled every network adapter and interface in MSCONFIG and under Device Manager but still received the same error message.

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem on my laptop (OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, SP 1). I've tried many options as samcapaldi317 tried but all my efforts are in vain. I would encourage Cisco to find a solution and if there are any suggestions, I'd really appreciate if you post them.

Thanks.

Same problem... Dell Latitude D630, Vista SP1, 5.0.04 client.

I had this problem and resolved it with the following:

Uninstall the VPN client if it is not already.

Download and run: ftp://files.citrix.com/winfix.exe

Reboot your pc.

Download and run:

ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate.msi 32bit clients

ftp://files.citrix.com/dneupdate64.msi 64bit clients

Reboot pc

Install VPN client.

Hey, thanks!  That seems to work for me!

Thanks cinchome76!  This solution worked for me on a Windows 8.1 machine.