cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on ipsec accounting with local authentication

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site with a 2811 in place for IPSEC based vpn client connections. The vpn configurations are based on local authentication, however, we would like to be able to log the VPN activity. From what I can tell, this will require a RADIUS server for the logging. Can I continue with local authentication on the 2811, but accounting to a RADIUS server on a Winodws 2003 Server?

I have the RADIUS server configured on the Windows server, but the debug isakmp aaa output shows errors trying to send the start record when a vpn session is established. I see nothing in any logs on the Windows server side.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation for me? Am I trying to accomplish the impossible? If it's possible, what am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

Aaron

1 Reply 1

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Am I in the wrong section with this question? Or, is this questions so completely out there that nobody can even believe that I am asking it?

I would have thought that this would be a relatively easy configuration, but things don't appear to want to go the way that they do in the manual.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: