cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 7.X RTMT Port Monitor vs. rPSM

vivian.le
Level 1
Level 1

When I had version 7.0(2) running, I was not able to use RTMT to see port status and the TAC engineer had me download rPSM to see port stats. Because of some bugs, we had to roll back to 7.0(1) and patch with ES42. Now rPSM doesn't work but now RTMT does. Has anyone gotten both of these tools to work simultaneously or is it one or the other depending on version?

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vivian -

When you rolled back to 7.0(1), check the following in Unity Connection administration:

- The remote user is still defined and has the Remote User role.

- System settings advanced - Make sure the enable remote port status monitor output is still checked; also make sure the IP address of your pc is still included in the allowed to connect for port status monitor output

- Connection administration - the database proxy service shutdown timer (in days) is set to something other than 0 (when I upgraded to 7.0(2) it was reset to 0 when I had it at 3 days. This is required for RTMT, not for rPSM.

- In UC servicability, the database proxy service is activated and started. This is required for RTMT, not for rPSM.

I am running 7.0(2) and have both RTMT and rPSM running OK. When the tool first starts, it shows Port 1 in the right-side console. Once you have port activity, you can click on the port name on the left-side console and you will see that port's activity detail on the right side. I did not need to upgrade either of them for version 7.0(2).

Ginger

rPSM actually doesn't need the database connection to work so the proxy service doesn't need to be flying (it wont hurt anything but it's not required). Just make sure the remote port output is still enabled and the IP address of your client box is listed in the advanced settings - I'm guessing on the rollback those config settings were lost.