Helpful
Replies

Cisco ANA 3.6.3 queries

hajashajahanm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team

Greeting…

It will be grateful if you answer my few questions below.

1. How to trigger BQL command for an event? For example if the port is receiving the CRC error, I have to shut the port automatically using the BQL command.

2. What is meant Session debugger and what is the purpose of it?

3. How a Workflow can be trigged on the basis of an event?

4. What is Streser and what is the purpose of it?

5. How to do the Registry change in Lab environment?

Thanks in advance…..

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Haja Shajahan.M

91 9940172545.

13 Replies 13

mosho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Haja,

Cisco does not recommend that customers modify the registry. This should only be done by Cisco's advance services. Whatever is published here is what a user can do http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/active_network_abstraction/3.6.5/administrator/administration/guide/utilscpt.html.

I will research your other questions and respond later

Regards

Moses

mosho
Level 1
Level 1

Here are updates for you.

Q1. This will require some coding, my suggesstion will be to use Drools rule included in ANA, then create a command builder for your shutdown command.

Q2. Session debugger is used for troubleshooting, it shows your BQL commands within the UI in XML. You can also use this to general BQL commands.

Q3. Same as answer to Q1

Q4. Stresser is for Engineering debugger. This will never be used by customer

Regards

Moses

hajashajahanm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your information....

1. Can you please give me the information how to calculate the device size and how much memory it requires to accommodate in the AVM.

2. What is the recommended approach for creating the AVM and its size?

3. How to accommodate the VNEs in the AVM? For example same device types are in the one AVM or else put in different AVMs?

Regards,

Haja Shajahan.M

Q1. The document for memory calculation is ONLY available for Cisco's Advance services use.

Q2.AVMs are created in the unit please follow the user doc on cisco.com http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/active_network_abstraction/3.6.5/administrator/administration/guide/manavm.html.

Also use this to monitor memory usage, this will help you to gauge when to add more memory to AVM. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/active_network_abstraction/3.6.5/administrator/administration/guide/shd.html

Q3.Yes, Same type of devices in one AVM. There will be some memory savings as some processes are common.

Hi Mosho,

Very kind of you and thanks for your update...

Can you please clarify me the folowing,

In Cisco EPM Notification MIB used by AVM 80, we have cenPartitionNumber

, cenAlarmServerAddressType, cenAlarmStatusDefinition, cenAlarmType, cenAlarmCategory etc., like that we are having 28 Cisco ANA alarm fields which are mapped with Netcool fields. Could you please give the Description of each of these 28 fields?

Also can you please share some document on AVM 80?

Thanks in advance....

Regards,

Haja Shajahan.M

Hi,

I don't know the definition of those field.

I was also told that the AVM 80 document is not public.

Sorry I don't have the anwser to your question.

Regards

Hi Mosho,

Thanks for you update.

Can please clarify what will happen if the AVM 80 goes down. Any backup process can be initiate to do the job of AVM 80.

One thing I saw that an event in the netcool stating that the AVM 80 is down. If AVM 80 is the one to forward the event to netcool how come ANA is sending an alarm about its status as down.

How to get the document on AVM 80.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Haja Shajahan.M

If AVM 80 goes down there will be no trap forwarding from ANA.

No backup process for AVM 80.

For AVM 80 status down, it is possible that the message is netcool internally generated.

As for the document. I don't know how you can get it.

Is your company the end user or are you a System Integrator?.

May me the alram is internal to netcool but I am able to see the message that the AVM 80 is shutting down and one more alarm as AVM 80 is Shut down.

Is it possible to get the alarm from the database during the time of AVM 80 is down?

And am from SI.

Hi

For further AVM 80 and ANA questions please contact your local Cisco Advance Services team for support.

Regards

Moses

Thanks Moses,

Can you share any document on the list of BQL commands which are used by ANA.

We have do provisioning via BQL for that we require those commands, request your help on this.

Hope you can make it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have been asked to tell you that there should be one source of information between wipro and Cisco, and that is through your local Cisco Advance Service.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards

Moses

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

Can you clarify me the follwing..

I have a Gateway and 1 Unit server in my lab. For some reason I have changed the gateway IP and after some days I reverted to the old IP itself. Now the Unit server is not functioning properly.

I have tried by rebooting both the server but in vain.

Am getting the following error. I have attached the same in attachment.

sheer@ANA-UNIT [~]% mvm.csh

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xmlrpc/XmlRpcException

at com.sheer.system.os.util.RegTool.init(RegTool.java:64)

at com.sheer.system.os.util.RegTool.excecute(RegTool.java:389)

at com.sheer.system.os.util.RegTool.main(RegTool.java:382)

[1] 5182

sheer@ANA-UNIT [~]% status

------------------------------------------------------------------

.-= Welcome to ANA-UNIT, running Cisco ANA unit (v3.6.0 (374)) =-.

------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Checking for services integrity:

- Checking if host's time server is up and running [DOWN]

- Checking if sheer_secured daemon is up and running [OK]

- Detected AVM99 is down, skipping AVMs check

sheer@ANA-UNIT [~]%

Request clarify,

Thanks in advance,

Haja Shajahan.M

2 server ()

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco