cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logs Cat 4507R

Oscar Cardiel
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cat4507r but when I are connected by console or telnet with a monitor console command it doesn't show us any cahnge in the status of its interfaces or any tipe of change that other serie switch show us indeed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Some Catalysts - (The 6500&7500 for example) don't by default log Interface changes.

You need to enable the logging of them using "logging event link-status default"

Hope that helps.

Nick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

NickNac79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Try:

logging console debugging (for console cable)

logging monitor debugging (For ssh connection with "terminal monitor")

Nick

Thanks Nick, we already did it and it doesn't work.

Are you getting absolutely nothing at all, or just not the Interface statuses?

What if you do a debug ip icmp and ping the device?

If you are getting something, then it's just a matter of setting up the correct snmp traps.

Nick

Hi Nick,

We are using SNMP traps and logging traps notifications to get all the manager information but the same configuration is running in other serie Catalysts and they show us console information about port link changing state for exemple.

This is our logging config:

logging trap notifications

logging facility local3

logging source-interface Vlan20

and SNMP config too…

so do you think it is normal in series Catalyst 4500 if you are using snmp and logging traps?

thanks Nick

Oscar

Hi,

Some Catalysts - (The 6500&7500 for example) don't by default log Interface changes.

You need to enable the logging of them using "logging event link-status default"

Hope that helps.

Nick

As Nick says with some software releases for certain series it's disabled by default.

I confirm that with cat4500-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SG1.bin (and probably also with software releases before) you need to enable it globally with the command

logging event link-status global

or you can enable it on an interface basis as you don't want to receive traps/loggings for user ports.

Hi there,

I agreed with all you. I have tried it and it is working in the cat 6500 series, not in 4500 series but I think it is coz the IOS doesn't support the command. I am going to look for the command line for my IOS version.

Thank you very much folks for your help and time.

Kind regards.

Oscar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: