Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN remote access configuration on asa 5540

chetansharma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

when i m configuring my asa 5540 i am not getting option or command to configure vpn tunnel.In ASa configuration mode i m getting no option to configure von.

i.e

asa(conf)#crypto ?

configure mode commands

ca certification authority

key long term operation key

then how i run crypto isampk policy command i am unable to run remote vpn configuration commands in my asa 5540.

I have VPN prmium license.

VPN-DES Enabled.

VPN-3DES-AES enabled

Cisco ASA Software version 7.0

i am also not getting vpn wizard option in ASDM 5.0.

please tell to enable the vpn wizard and how to configure vpn in my asa 5540.

Thank You

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Chetan, it is possible that your firewall is configured as transparent mode - or context? for which vpn is not supported..

or perhaps your user credentials used to administer firewall does not have proper priviledge for those commands?

can you confirm above is no the case, post the output of " show firewall " and confirm you have full admin priviledge to the firewall.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Firewall mode is routed.

Dear sir,

i have checked my firewall mode it is routed mode with multiple context.

and i m login with the user whose privilage level is 15.

unfortunately there is no VPN support or dynamic routing support for multiple context.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/contexts.html#wp1116132

Unsupported Features

Multiple context mode does not support the following features:

•Dynamic routing protocols

Security contexts support only static routes. You cannot enable OSPF or RIP in multiple context mode.

•VPN

•Multicast

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: