cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC digit manipulation

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With the LDAP sync between AD and CUCM and CUPS, dialing straight from CUPC by right clicking your contacts, will result in dialing the extension as entered in AD under telephone number (or business phone).

Now, many people in our organisation have entered E.164 numbers, have added brackets, spaces etc. in other words, patterns that are not recognised by CUCM. As CUPC is essentially a CTI device, all digit manipulation will have to take place on CUCM. which does not have the flexibility of SIP patterns.

As we have about 4000 users on presence, having these people to change their contact number via our AD front end is a daunting task

Have other people in this forum dealt with this issue?

i know CUCM 7 at least handles the + sign in patterns but that will only partially fix the issue

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out this doc for the click the call. The application dial rules are perfect for CUPS also. Uses the same premise.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/click_to_call/7.0/english/install/guide/C2C2chapter.html

Also search the forum for Application Dial Rules. You will find many comments on the + symbol. In CUCM 6, it ignores the + all together and just looks at the digits. In CUCM, it uses the plus as a digit, etc. So adjust your strings accordingly.

How to proceed with the application dial rules if I want CUPC to dial a number from the IE beginning with 0+variable length number and should be converted to +49+variable length number to match the e164 dialplanin the CUCM.

As I know the Appl Dial rules supports only fixed length numbers..., this excludes international installations of CUPC with a click to dial usage.

Any idea ??

Thanks,

Jacky

You will have to come up with every variable since its only fixed. If you notice the table for application dialing rules, the international numbers are all there for different lengths.

brianqu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is a concept of Phone number masks in CUPC.

This is for CUCILync but its valid for CUPC too

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_active_directory.html#wp1125994

Brian

Hi Brian,

very interesting as the wildcards are covering also variable/overlapping dialplans.

But, are you sure this is helpfull for Office and Browser Strings Click to Call ??

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

This covers the contact resolution when calling from CUPC only. Non alpha-numeric characters in C2C are ignored.

Brian

Well, do you have suggestions  to filter out the best IE/Office strings in a variable length/overlapping dialplan

like in Germay?

In the IE we could have some wild formats...

I did not find any cool way to do that as the application dial rules covers only fixed length strings, even on CUCM 8.5

The only solution I've found is to use dedicated CUPC CSS/PART, separated from what the deskphone is using.

This way we could interfere with the existing country dialplan, that's why it is not an ideal way.

Jacky

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: