Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

hotline configuration

hii,

We are configure Hotline in CCM 4.1 but it's not working, can any help for to configure setp by step hotline in CCM 4.1????

7 Replies 7

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please clarify what you mean by hotline?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

hii,

we want that specific destination to ring immediately when ip phone (hot line ) extension goes off-hook.??? so how it's configure in ccm 4.1

? can you tell me setp by setp??

Hi Jay,

The step by step directions in this guide are very good :)

Hotdial on IP Phones with CallManager Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

hii,

thank you.it's realy help me...thanyou..

i have ome dought is that can we put any IP phone to HOtline CSS. is there any extra configration for ip phone ? we are runing 2000 ip phone in network ? can we test in live network ??///

Hi Jay,

You can change any IP phone to become a Hotdial phone (PLAR phone), you just need to select the new Hotdial CSS that you configured in Step 2 from the doc I sent, for the PLAR phone's CSS.

You should be able to test this in a production network without issue.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. I more doubt about testing.

First I have to put 1 phone as hotdial no (20009) ok then I have to put one more Ip phone for any number but in same CSS with Hotdial no. then I have to tack second any number Ip phone, tack off hook and it's directly call to 20009. Is it Correct or not.......?

Hi Jay,

This is most correct my friend :) In the example doc above the Hotdial # is 2006, if you completed the same steps for 20009 (new Partition, new CSS and new Translation Pattern to 20009)then whenever this new CSS (to 20009) is placed on Line 1 of an IP Phone the Hotdial will take place as soon as the Phone is taken "off-hook".

If the Hotdial CSS is applied to Line 2 and up, the Line button must be pressed 1st and then the Phone taken "off-hook" for the Hotdial call to take place :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: