DID and extension conflict

Unanswered Question
Apr 22nd, 2009
User Badges:

We just purchased 50 new DID numbers, ***-***-4000 to 4049. We also have some internal extensions in the 4000 to 4049 range. When I tried to set up new Translation Patterns incoming calls were sent to the extension that has the same last 4 numbers as the last 4 of the DID, not the extension I put into the Called Party Transform Mask field. I have been told that by setting up new Partitions and Calling Search Spaces we can work around this, but even then there are some issues calling internally from one Partition to another.

I am new to this, so I am wondering if there is an easier solution, or if I would be better off just changing internal extensions that conflict with DID numbers.

We are using 6.1.2.1106-1


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
sysjes Wed, 04/22/2009 - 06:31
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

It is much easier to have your DID's and extensions match. If not here's what you can do.


Create a Gateway partition for the incoming DID #s.


Create CSS to hit the GW Xlate partition first. Note only the GW Xlate CSS should have access to this partition.


Use that CSS on your gateway that the DID#'s come in on.


Create your translation patterns and place in the GW Xlate Partition.


If this helps, please rate post. Thanks.

Rob Huffman Wed, 04/22/2009 - 06:36
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Andy,


I agree with Jay (+5 points here Jay :)


If at all possible I would change the Internal Extensions to something new so that the new DID's can match (fully). You are just setting yorself up for a world of pain and confusion otherwise. Don't forget there may be Voicemail considerations here as well.


Hope this helps! Just my thoughts here :)


Rob

Actions

This Discussion