cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Startup Modes for Processes

sirbaughmf
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen alot of converstions regarding startup modes (automatic vs manual) for Windows installs, I'm wondering how/where do you check/change the settings on UNIX?

I have CTMJreServer that is showing status of Administrator Has Shut down, when I try to pdexec the process it doesn't start. When I look at the process status in the GUI, I see that this process is set to "automatic at boot" start. Is this correct, how do I change if not? I'm running LMS 3.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Because you may be reinstalling onto a server with a different set of applications, or different versions. For example, say you backup an LMS 3.0 server, then restore it to a 3.1 server. If the dmgtd.conf was restored, your 3.1 installation would be broken. Alternatively, say you backed up a server with just RME installed on it, then restored it to a solution server. The new dmgtd.conf would only have CS and RME daemons.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no such thing as service startup parameters on Solaris. If CTMJrmServer is not starting, then that is a problem with either it or jrm. Post the daemons.log.

ok...let me give you more background.

The /var filesystem filled up and the server crashed, I was able to delete some stuff from /var and restart CW, but it appeared that the db's were corrupt, so I did a restore. While doing the restore it was failing on the RME restore part. It appeared that the dmgtd.conf file was corrupt (there were duplicate entries for processes in there), so I deleted the dups and the restore completed successfully.

When I restarted CW, the only thing that didn't restart appeared to be CTMJrmServer, however, while investigating yesterday, I noticed that jrm wasn't in the dmgtd.conf file. So I believe the dmgtd.conf is not complete, can I just register the jrm process? I don't have a good backup of the dmgtd.conf file either. Suggestions?

thanks, marcie

If you do not have a good backup of LMS, then it would be safer to reinstall from scratch. Today your problem might be a missing jrm daemon, but tomorrow you may find another issue, and another, and so on.

I found a copy of the dmgtd.conf file on my test server and copied it over and restarted everying. Everything started up fine, for now I'm testing intensely to ensure everything looks good, so far so good.

Why does the cisco backup not include dmgtd.conf in the filebackup.tar?

thanks, Marcie

Because you may be reinstalling onto a server with a different set of applications, or different versions. For example, say you backup an LMS 3.0 server, then restore it to a 3.1 server. If the dmgtd.conf was restored, your 3.1 installation would be broken. Alternatively, say you backed up a server with just RME installed on it, then restored it to a solution server. The new dmgtd.conf would only have CS and RME daemons.

Ah yes...thanks!!