Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost ethernet connectivity

tarik.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Fisrt of all, thanks everybody.

I'have been facing a problem of lost of connectivit at ethernet interface.

I'm using 2 Aironet 1310 as bridge between 2 buildings. The wireless configuration is OK.

It is an intermmitent problem. Sometimes all computers at the remote building lost the connectivit with the main building (DHCP, Internet) and we can't ping the remote Radio. Neither of the remote building where it are fixed.

But at the main building when I open the Radio web page, the event log show me that the radio interface is up and associated with other radio.

I'don know if is a hardware problem, when I do "sh interfaces" it's seens that all is ok.

Anyone could help me.

Thanks Carlos

2 Replies 2

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

Carlos,

FYI, the connections where the coax is attached to the radio can give you a lot of problems if it is not sealed perfectly. The radio installation kit comes with sealant tape, I assume your coax was sealed. If not, you may have some water in the connection or in the coax end. I have had to replace both coax and radio once that happens; however, my environment was worse than most. You may end up having to replace the radio. That is what I had to do more than once when this starts happening.

Randy

Thanks Randy

The problem was the eletrical enviromment. We provide another eletrical circuit to solve this problem. The old circuit was only with one PHASE.

Thanks All

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: