Splash sctreen setup

Unanswered Question
Apr 22nd, 2009

Hi All,

Can anyone point me to how I would set up a splash screen on my "Public Inetrnet Only Users" WLAN ? I just want users to have to hit an OK with a minimum warning before obtaining an IP address, Thanks.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
gamccall Wed, 04/22/2009 - 10:39

Are you using lightweight controllers or autonomous APs? The functionality is built into the controllers- it's under security: web auth. For IOS APs, you have to use an external captive portal solution- NAC Guest, an ASA, or a third party product.

Note that in all solutions I'm aware of, you do get an IP address first, you just can't get past the captive portal until you check the box or whatever.

tsennett Wed, 04/22/2009 - 10:53

We are using Lightweight controllers (WISM). Thank you.

gamccall Wed, 04/22/2009 - 11:04

Go into Security: Web Auth: Web Login Page, and configure the internal splash screen to display whatever you want. You can use HTML in the message body.

If you want to get more advanced, you can customize a webpage bundle and download it to the controller, or redirect your logins to an external web server.

Once you have a web login page you're happy with, go to the setup for your guest WLAN, go to Layer 3 Security, and select Web Auth. If you don't want to require a username and password, select Passthrough mode instead.

tsennett Thu, 04/23/2009 - 05:43

Really appreciate the help. It will take me a day or two before i set up. Thanks again !

Actions

This Discussion