cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

revisiting CSCsr13959

randytoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all - I've seen some discussion here regarding a recurring error in the backend logs CSCsr13959

the log entry is "Device monitor trying to add entry with interfaceId = 0 to pn_report_result table. Skipping."

Previous threads here in the forum led me to the CSCsr13959 bug, which now describes the workaround as "setting the log level to "fatal"" so these error messages are not showing up or jamming up the backend logs.

However, I'm trying to figure out what's the root cause in our shop. I see this error repeatedly coming up about 50 times every 10 minutes. Coincidentally I recently added about 50 devices (windows servers) via CSV import. I notice that the interface settings on these new reporting devices (once imported) are blank. They do appear as legit reporting devices now in MARS (reporting and access IP's appear to be correct after the import, etc).

So I'm just wondering now - couple questions:

1) do I need to go back and manually fill in the interface information for every imported device - these devices as mentioned are reporting correctly to MARS now

2) if that info (interface IP, subnet mask etc) isn't there for certain individual devices (i.e. the ones I bulk imported), will this have anything to do with the device monitor error message described above, in the backend log?

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of MARS are you running?

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: