Views
Helpful
Replies

How to load sharing between ADSL and Leased line

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hello pro,

I have one router 2811 with Advanced IP Service IOS. I use this router to connect to Leased line through Serial port, and connect to ADSL through FastEthernet (using PPPoE).

I want the Leased line hosting Web and Email, and ADSL for users surfing the Internet.

How do I configure on my router to do this? In additional, is it possible to load sharing traffic between them to increase bandwidth for users using Internet?

Thanks million!

6 Replies 6

Sureshdank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can configure route map on your LAN interface and you set the next hop as per to the destination IP. Suppose if mail box is the destination then next hop will be leased line and bydefault any traffic will hit to ADSL.

HTH.

Regards,

Suresh Kumar

Yes, Thank you!

Is it possible to load sharing between the two? I mean outbound load sharing

It is not possible, because one is Internet and other one is Leased line (not a Internet link). If both the links are Internet then we can do it.

Please rate if helpfull.

Another question :)

is it possible to configure the leased line as backup for ADSL, in case ADSL failed?

I tried so hard but I stuck at the NAT overload. When the ADSL down, it still using the NAT rule for ADSL. How can I change it to Leaseline NAT rule?

Many thanks

Hi,

Please clarify the Leased line you are talking about is a Internet link or just a Interoffice link.

Regards,

Suresh Kumar

Yes, this leased line is for Internet, too.

I finished configuring yesterday, using route-map and tracking. Now it works fine as my hope.

Again, thank you very very much, Suresh :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: