Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified Callmanager Backup 7.x

Could please some one light me how we can back the CCM 7.x and what are the back up method avaliable in ccm 7.X

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bala,

Disaster Recovery System Administration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1)

The Disaster Recovery System (DRS), which can be invoked from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, provides full data backup and restore capabilities for all servers in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster. The Disaster Recovery System allows you to perform regularly scheduled automatic or user-invoked data backups.

The Disaster Recovery System performs a cluster-level backup, which means that it collects backups for all servers in a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster to a central location and archives the backup data to physical storage device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/7_0_1/DRS_CUCM/drsag701.html#wp149713

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

If the server HDD get completely crash, how can build a new server with the DRS, what are the files I can backup in DRS system.

The DRS files are like bulk admin file contain USER and DN information.

Could you please light me what are backup files in DRS.

Thanks

Hi Bala,

You are most welcome my friend!

When you choose to Backup Feature = "CCM" - Cisco Unified Communications Manager

This backs up all of the following Components (for full restore);

Cisco Unified Communications Manager database (CMDB)

Platform

Serviceability

Music On Hold (MOH)

Bulk Tool (BAT)

Preference

Phone device files (TFTP)

syslogagt (SNMP syslog agent)

cdpagent (SNMP cdp agent)

tct (trace collection tool)

Call Detail Records (CDR)

CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR)

So you should be good to go :) Just make sure to keep a copy of the Media you used to build the CUCM Server in the first place.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: