cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max conf on Call manager 6

antonyice1
Level 1
Level 1

Do any body know the max number of outside parties and inside parties that can participate in a conference in call manager 6

15 Replies 15

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

that depends on the CFB you use,

if you see media resources in SRND it will tell you about max participants for different CFB resources (CMM, 6608, PVDM-2, etc)

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

As well as that excellent information from Gonzalo.

The CallManager Service Parameters under Callmanager server>Clusterwide Paramaters (Service) state

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference: This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are allowed in a single Ad Hoc conference. The value of this field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge. The maximum number of conference bridge participants for typical conference bridges follow: Software Conference 64; Cisco Catalyst WS-X6608: 16; Cisco Catalyst 4000: 16; and NM-HDV: 6. Setting this value above the maximum capacity of the conference will result in failed entrance to a conference bridge if you try to add more ports than the specific conference bridge configuration allows.

This is a required field.

Default: 4

Minimum: 3

Maximum: 64

: Warning: CTI applications and the Drop Any Party feature (accessed via the ConfList softkey) do not support more than 16 participants. Although an Ad Hoc conference can support more than 16 participants, the participant list used by CTI applications and the Drop Any Party feature will display only the 16 most recent conference participants. Note: If you clicked Save just prior to receiving this message, the Save operation did not occur. Please click OK and then click Save again to save your changes.

Hope this helps

Paul

Guys,

I have two no:s of 3800 Voice gateways (1 act as the redundant voice gateway) and each has got 1 PVDM2-64 each.Now I want to know how many sessions of

conference and how many participants in each conference session I can enable which should include outside PSTN users also (I am using CCM 6.x version 1 publisher and

1 subscriber)

Your best bet is to use cisco DSP calculator. It will tell you how many DSPS you need for how many sessions..but here is a rule of thumb..

1. If you ocnfigure G.711 conference only, then each DSP will support a total of 8 sessions with 8 participants per session.

for PVDM2-64, you have a total of 4 dsps, hence with G.711 conference you will have a total of 8*4= 32 sessions with a total of 32*8=256 streams.

2. If you have a combination of G.711 and G.729 codecs configured for conferenceing each dsp can support only 2 conference sessions...hence with a PVDM2-64, you will have 4*2=8 sessions and a total of 8*8=64 streams.

This assumes that the DSPS are dediacted to Conferencing...If you are going to share them betwen conferencing and voice termination then this changes..

HTH, pls rate useful posts

Please rate all useful posts

OK understood.My confusion is that what will be the codec used in case an outside PSTN user or a mobile phone user is involved in the conference.

It depends upon the codec on which conference bridge is talking to gateway through which the call goes to the PSTN number.

Check your region settings for that..

Also note that if you are using software conference bridge and you are configuring your regions in a way that gateway is talking to the conference bridge at G.729 codec, outside caller will not be able to join the conference.

Reason is that software conference bridge only supports G.711.

If you want to use G.729 b/w software conference bridge and phones/gateways, you need to configure transcoder in your network and include that as the resource in the MRGL of the Conference bridge.

Hope this helps!!

Pls refer Table 5 for your answer in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html#wp1003251

As you mentioned that you have 2 PVDM2-64 cards in total. If they are not being used for anything else like ( PRI , transcoding ) then you can have 25 conferencing sessions. Now to see what is the max number of conferes per session, you need to specify that in the service parameter that I refer in my previous reply.

You have PVDM2-64 so you can have at the most 8 conferes per session.

Hope this helps!!

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

You can configure them through the following 2 Call Manager service parameters

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference:

Required Field This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are allowed in a single Ad Hoc conference. The value of this field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge. The maximum number of conference bridge participants for typical conference bridges follow: Software Conference 64; Cisco Catalyst WS-X6608: 16; Cisco Catalyst 4000: 16; and NM-HDV: 6. Setting this value above the maximum capacity of the conference will result in failed entrance to a conference bridge if you try to add more ports than the specific conference bridge configuration allows.

: Warning: CTI applications and the Drop Any Party feature (accessed via the ConfList softkey) do not support more than 16 participants. Although an Ad Hoc conference can support more than 16 participants, the participant list used by CTI applications and the Drop Any Party feature will display only the 16 most recent conference participants. Note: If you clicked Save just prior to receiving this message, the Save operation did not occur. Please click OK and then click Save again to save your changes.

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast:

Required Field This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are allowed in a single Unicast Meet-Me conference. The value of this field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge; for example, a software conference bridge conferences up to 128 participants. When a conference is created, the system automatically reserves a minimum of three streams, so specifying a value less than three allows a maximum of three participants.

Minimum: 1

Maximum: 128

You can configure them through the following 2 Call Manager service parameters

Maximum Ad Hoc Conference:

Required Field This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are allowed in a single Ad Hoc conference. The value of this field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge. The maximum number of conference bridge participants for typical conference bridges follow: Software Conference 64; Cisco Catalyst WS-X6608: 16; Cisco Catalyst 4000: 16; and NM-HDV: 6. Setting this value above the maximum capacity of the conference will result in failed entrance to a conference bridge if you try to add more ports than the specific conference bridge configuration allows.

Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast:

Required Field This parameter specifies the maximum number of participants that are allowed in a single Unicast Meet-Me conference. The value of this field depends on the capabilities of the software/hardware conference bridge; for example, a software conference bridge conferences up to 128 participants. When a conference is created, the system automatically reserves a minimum of three streams, so specifying a value less than three allows a maximum of three participants.

Minimum: 1

Maximum: 128

rbirkeland
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason I remember being told that our system was set up for a max of 6 callers per meetme session. Is this value actualy configurable or was I being fed a line of bunk? If it is configurable, where can I change it. CCM 6 doesn't show many options other than setting up a number.

the answer is on the post that sits right above yours (posted by vpreenja), i guess you didn't read the whole post

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Pardon my ignorance as I am new to Cisco. I did read the entire post as well as multiple other posts. The closest thing to an answer is from another thread that points me to Service Parameters Configuration >Clusterwide Parameters (Service)>Maximum MeetMe Conference. However, in my version of call manager (6.0.1.2000-3)I don't have those menu options.

it's in the same place for all CCM/CUCM versions. Under CUCM service parameters, it should be there without the need to press the advanced options

search "unicast" when you're on the page

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: