Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Collect Inventory/Config for 12406 & 12410 XR devices

vlad.biristeica
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have in the network quite a few 12406 and 12410 XR Routers but it seems we cannot collect inventory/config with RME.

We are running LMS 3.0.1 with RME 4.1.1 and the devices are seen as 'Normal' in RME with the correct OID and device type.

The inventory jobs fail with 'Device sensed but collection failed'.

The Sync Archive Jobs fail with 'Cannot enter in enable mode' or with 'Unable to get job execution for device ...'.

As transport method, the order is Telnet/TFTP/SSH.

Does anyone know if there is anything in particular that should be done in RME when dealing with XR devices?

Thanks,

Vlad

3 Replies 3

crowan
Level 1
Level 1

Vlad,

I'm having the same problem, only with 2950 and 3550 model switches. An engineer friend of mine thinks it may be a java-related error. I think it is an IOS incompatability problem. The 2950s have always been quirky, but I can't figure out why the 3550s are a problem.

Well Chris, i think you have a different issue. Please download the latest device update pack for 2950 and 3550 and this should solve your problem. We are dealing with 3550 just fine and with 2950's as well.

What i am talking about, are the 12k GSRs running IOS-XR. For some reason, although RME 4.1.1 should support them and they are seen as 'Normal', we cannot collect inventory and configs from them.

No one with any ideas on this? Did you all guys manage to successfully archive 12k GSRs configs?

Thanks,

Vlad.