cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging in a mesh network

matthewbaker
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty simple one really but cant see how to configure it.

I have a 4402 WLC and 2 x 1510 Series APs set up in the lab. One AP is the RAP and the other a MAP. I want to be able to connect my laptop via Ethernet to the MAP using the bridging function and end up on a subnet of my choice. On the WLC I have a dynamic interface created on vlan 2 called clients, I want to have my laptop bridge onto that VLAN and not the Management VLAN which is what its doing at the moment. I cant seem to find a way of doing this, how do I do it!!

I know ill kick myself when you tell me how its done...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Regards,

Matt

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you looked at this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52mesh.html#wp1542630

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, Ive not seen that no, this WLC is using v4 software so it may be a bit different, ill give it a try and let you know how it goes,

Thanks!

Hi, I dont think its possible using v4 WLC software, with a 1510 AP. Ive checked the equivalent v4 mesh software configuration guide and there is no mention of how to perform ethernet VLAN tagging. It looks like only the management VLAN can be passed via ethernet. 1510 APs are not supported with v5 software anymore...

Can anyone confirm (or deny!) the above is correct in that this configuration can not be achieved please?

Thanks, Matt

You are correct (thought it was the 1520 for some reason)... the 1510's are not supported in the 5.2 code. The 5.2 is where you can configure the vlan tagging and mapping. The 4.2 supports the 1510's but traffic goes out the management vlan.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for speedy reply! Great, oh well, at least we can still do it, it just wont be as tidy as we would have liked,

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card