cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A new skinny version in CUCM 7?

simacek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we use some skinny messages for recording purposes. In our lab's CUCM 7 we see different sccp format - even Ethereal can't dissect it. But on some circumstances CUCM 7 communicates with 7942 in "old" format. Does anyone know what it depends on? Thanks

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

In CUCM 7.x the Phone and CCM negotiate SCCP protocol version 17.

We have an internal cisco wireshark to decode those packets unfortunatly is no public.

Is there any documentation to find out what phones/firmware are affected? it looks like this is also impacting call recording software that is using Winpcap to capture skinny packets (ex: Witness).

thanks,

-Sebastien

Sebastian,

If I am not wrong you have the Impact 360 recording solution from Witenss, right? At this point its not yet approved as 3rd party app for CUCM 7.x.

There has been a change in the SCCP version and code between CUCM 6.x and CUCM 7.x You will have to contact the vendor of your recording solution to see if they have worked with Cisco Development on getting the new SCCP info and integrated it yet or not.

Thanks,

Thanks Paritosh,

I have already engaged Witness with this. Do you have an exhaustive list of phones/firmware using the new Skinny protocol?

From my initial testing, the 7960, 7921/25 have not changed while the 7942/45 use the new Skinny protocol.

Not sure about why skinny ver is not being updated on the 7960 7921 and 7925. I will have to check on that.

Can you make sure that these phones have the latest firmware on them. I will check around and see if I can get some info on that.

Thanks,

All phones have the latest firmware downloaded from the 7.0.2 CUCM. For the record, Witness now has the new SCCP info in their recorder 7.8 SP3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: