cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you reimage a Unity Express Module?

mcreilly
Level 1
Level 1

In this document (and various others):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/newinstl.html

It says...

"This command turns off the initialization wizard. You cannot turn it on or restart it unless you reimage the Cisco Unity Express module."

That suggests it's possible to reimage a module. I have a module I need to reimage... but I cannot find instructions anywhere to tell me how it's done. Can anybody point me to any documentation that explains the process?

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Connect to CUE and issue the command:

software install clean

you may need en & conf terminal first.

Unfortunately this particular module won't come up as far as letting me do that. I really don't know what the last person to play with it managed to do, but they appear to have trashed it quite effectively!

Hello,

Are you able to get into the module at all and at least get to the command line?

I can get to the point where entering *** lets me get to where I can configure boot parameters, but no further. I've found some docs today about upgrading CUE from 1.x to 2.x that involve TFTPing various files from that point, but I can't find equivalent docs for 3.x. Any ideas?

Im not too sure on that. In my experiences(i've only dealt with 2.x, 3.x and 7.x), some files need to be on TFTP, while others need to be on FTP server When you enter ***, does it ask for ftp server url, gateway address, etc?

Here is a doc I found that I always use when upgrading CUE, it will tell you what files need to go on FTP, and which ones need to be on TFTP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_0/installation/guide/upg3boot.pdf

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: