cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones for Conference Rooms

jhippen_old
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into an issue trying to equip one of our larger conference rooms with a VoIP phone. We tried to use a 7937G with satellites, but the cables that come with the mic kit are too short. We came up with a couple of ideas, but we do not know if they are doable.

#1 - Does Cisco offer longer cables for the satellites? We not only need to reach farther with the cables, but we also need to “hide” the cable under the tables.

#2 - Is there a way to tie 3 standard IP phones together to operate as one? (Example: Person at the head of the table hits the speaker button & starts dialing, the other phones' mics and speakers activate and operate as one.)

Are any of these doable? Are there any other options or ways to equip conference rooms?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the 7937 is actually manufactured by Polycom and you can buy longer cables either for the

See page 16 (1-8) from here:

http://www.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/ssip_7000_User_Guide_SIP3_1_1_English_RevB.pdf

You can actually use 2 SSIP7000 (their real name) together when utilyzing a Multi Interface Module.

Not sure if the 7937 runs skinny in the original Cisco Setup but using SIP with the SSIP700 could sort your issue.

Please speak to a local Polycom Reseller.

Steff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco does not make longer cables for the satellite microphones; however, they are using standard RJ9 I believe so you could wire up additional length as needed.

There is no native way to have multiple phones work together like that. I suspect you would have difficulty with feedback if you did it. In theory though, you could use CUAE or JTAPI directly to do CTI control of multiple phones. The phones would have to dial into a conference bridge. CUAE or JTAPI could then add an external participant to the conference.

I think you need to look at "installed audio" for this type of situation. You would typically mic the whole room and use a centralized muxing unit that registers to UC Manager as an H.323 or SIP end point.

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the 7937 is actually manufactured by Polycom and you can buy longer cables either for the

See page 16 (1-8) from here:

http://www.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/ssip_7000_User_Guide_SIP3_1_1_English_RevB.pdf

You can actually use 2 SSIP7000 (their real name) together when utilyzing a Multi Interface Module.

Not sure if the 7937 runs skinny in the original Cisco Setup but using SIP with the SSIP700 could sort your issue.

Please speak to a local Polycom Reseller.

Steff

I just ordered the 25' cables. The Polycom part number is 2200-40017-003.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: