Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6 with Kirk Dect 600v3 - issues with Broadcast Hunt Groups

gordonmarkus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a customer that has a couple of sites (one runs CUCM 6.1.1, and the other 6.1.3). Both site have Kirk 600v3 Dect systems, that use SCCP integration with the UCMs. We recently upgraded the Kirk base stations/radios to version IPfirmware_60700.55_kws600v3.bin/BMCfirmware_PCS05Ac.bin in order to fix a number of issues, which indeed did get fixed.

However, another issue has now come to light following the upgrade of the DECT system, and that is that if there are more than 3 or 4 phones in a hunt group that is of type 'broadcast' the phones no longer all ring together - instead 2 or 3 might ring together, and the others will start to ring a number of seconds later. We know that there is sufficient radio channels on the DECT system for all the phones to work at the same time, as this has been checked.

I know that this is most likely going to be a DECT issue, but I was wandering if anyone else on here has seen this problem at all, and if so what you did about it? I've had a look on the polycom website, and I can't even find the SCCP firmware for the 600v3 anymore which does not inspire confidence!!!

Any help/comments appreciated!

Thanks,

-Gordon.

13 Replies 13

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

the latest IP Firmware is actually 09-60700.80 and the Dect Firmware is 05Ag

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/KIRK/KWS600/KWS600v3_Firmware_09_60700.zip

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/KIRK/KWS600/KWS600v3_Radio_Firmware_PCS05Ag.zip

Many Dect issues have been fixed in this release.

If you use the system in Europe you should have around 11 Channels for DECT Communication and 1 Channel for Synch over Air.

I am not to sure about the exact numbers in North America.

Please feel free to get back to me.

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply - funnily enough the DECT maintainer came back to us yesterday with the same recommendation. Last night I completed the upgrade of the base stations/radios, and although there is now an improvement in that more handsets can ring simultaneously, it's still slightly staggered when yet more phones are added. I have requested feedback from the customer in terms of the numbers of phones that work ok in a huntgroup, and then when another is added it 'breaks'.

Thanks again for your help - when I have any further updates I'll let you know.

Regards,

-Gordon.

Hi,

make sure to get a Trace of the KWS600v3 when this happens in order for our guys in Denmark to check if this is an incompatibility issue or a DECT restriction.

Were about in the World is the system installed?

Steff

Hi,

Thanks for that - I'll make some test calls, and get a trace running.

There are 2 sites affected, both in the UK about 60 miles from each other - 1 is in Hungerford, and the other is in Bristol.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

-Gordon.

Hi Steff,

I attended site this morning and placed a couple of test calls to the hunt groups that are having the issue.

I've attached the traces that I captured from the Kirk kit - there's 2 traces in the file, one from the local base station that the handsets were using, and the other is from the master unit.

Please let me know if there's any further information I can get you.

Thanks again for all your helpe with this.

Regards,

-Gordon.

Hi,

you would need to raise this as a case Polycom Support.

Regards

Steff

Hi,

We have a ticket raised with the Polycom reseller here in the UK, and they have escalated it to Kirk, so hopefully we'll get something positive back soon.

I'll keep you posted if you are interested.

Regards,

-Gordon.

Don't worry the ticket will end up with me anyway ;-)

Steff

Cool - at least you've got a bit of a 'heads-up' before it arrives on your desk then!

If there's any further information you need, you're welcome to contact me directly via this thread if you like as it might be a bit quicker than going via the reseller.

Thanks again,

-Gordon.

I will let your Supplier know and the ticket is open and info has been provided to our KWS600v3 R&D Team in Denmark.

The KWS600v3 Platform will continue to be developed with the 7.1 CCM.

Steff

Hi Steff,

Just to let you know that this issue has now been resolved with an upgrade to firmware version 09-60700.87 on the Kirk. There's now the option of 'Disable Broadcast Delay' within the DECT master config.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Regards,

-Gordon.

I would also turn off the No Display of Date and Time if you use 50xx Handsets before PCS05Ja Firmware or 40xx before PCS06Ba or especially if you use non Kirk Handsets.

Steffen

Hi Steff,

The customer has 4020 handsets, and we're using radio f/w PCS05Ag (which was sent to us with the latest firmware). I've just checked and the 'No Display of Date and Time' is unchecked, so I think that we are in good shape now!

Thanks again,

-Gordon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: