cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions regarding the 524SG handsets on the UC500 & Linksys...

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have just installed 35 x 525SG handsets at a customer.  We have a noticed a few things that I need help with:

1) Is there a way to change the incoming caller id screen to show the number, then the name of the inbound caller? Right now it shows the name...and to see the number you must use the navigation pad to arrow to the right.  That seems tedious on every incoming call. Is there a system wide change I can do to show the number before the name?

2) These handsets are running on a Linksys 48port POE switch. When a phone is restarted or rebooted it tends to get stuck in an endless loop of trying to register. It can be hung up for 30 minutes at a time. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Some users have crashed their computer when they've reboot their handset.  The switch is a Linksys SRW248G4P so one would assume the 525SG's would run fine !? They randomly reboot and have a hard time coming back up- IF they come up at all. It is a guarantee to happen when you use the softkeys to reboot or restart after a setting (add a speed dial, etc)  has been changed in the TUI.

Thanks for your help !

8 Replies 8

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I will look into the first issue, on the second issue, is spanning-tree enabled on those ports?  You might try disabling spanning-tree to see if that helps.  I haven't heard about this being a problem.

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

CORRECTION- the handset type is a 524SG

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have the rebooting issue fixed now. Our staff made an adjustment to the Linksys switch.

I would still be itnerested in seeing if there is a way to have caller id info display number, then name...

AND- I am getting complaints that the microphone on the speakerphones is terrible. They called me and a user in their own office, sitting at their desk near the phone sounds miles away when using speakerphone.  What are some adustments we can make at either the handset or switch level to increase the performance of the speakerphone/microphone ??  Has anyone heard of these complaints regarding these handsets before?

Thanks-

Stacy,

I realize this is not the answer that you are looking for, but our official support stance is that Cisco IP phones in a UC500 environment, should only be deployed with CE520 or ESW500 switches.

Thanks,

Marcos

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

As Cisco and Linksys are supposedly one and merged seamlessly for support that answer baffles me.

So are you sayign that we shoudl move a 524SG over to connect to the UC and the speakerphone will work much better?  If we don't see a difference then can we open a case or troubleshoot with it on the UC ?

Stacy

I am not saying that it will work better. I am saying that we will be able to support it when it doesn't work as expected.

I know it is not a comprehensive policy, but at the risk of sounding apologetic, I have to say that we can only test and validate so many permutations.

Thanks for the patience.

Marcos

Stacy,

Can you also verify that the 524 phone load is at least 8.1.13? We made some significant improvements related to audio quality on that load.

Let us know,

Marcos

We'll take a look at that, thank you. In the meantime we've tested more with users and think things sound fine. We are putting it to rest as the other caller's bad connections or ?? until they can report complaints again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: