cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device count between CM and RME on lms 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have different device report between CM and RME. I have 3000 on CM and RME inventory is 2950.I am wondering where is gone the other 50 devices. my rme configure auto update from DCR.is there anyway to find these missing 50 devices from RME.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is possible that EssentialsDM may miss updates from DCR that new devices have been added. This can occur if a daemon is down at the time the device is added, or a device is deleted from RME manually.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, and click the Add button. Do the devices appear there?

o..my..I got all 50, thanks a lot. so do I need to check like this manually time to time? till now I thought everything is automatically added. what is the reason not included automatically?

It is possible that EssentialsDM may miss updates from DCR that new devices have been added. This can occur if a daemon is down at the time the device is added, or a device is deleted from RME manually.

I have a similar issue in LMS 3.2 (RME 4.1.1) - but I have about 500 devices missing (there are 2650 in CM, but only 2020 in RME).

When I tried the above, a dialogue box appeared indicating that there were no devices to add, and that "add devices in DCA" - when I click through on the link - I get another message saying "The Device Management operation is not allowed on slave DCR server"

I should add that we are running LMS installed on two servers with CM and RME on different servers, though the fact that I can see 2020 devices in RME would suggest this is not causing the issue.