cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCS-7835-H1-IPC and 7.X

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have a MCS-7835-H1-IPC running CM 4.2.3 and plan to buy a MCS-7845-H2-IPC2 or whatever is recommend in this forum.

Can I just swap out one of the RAID1 72G HD from the old 7835 and let it sync up with the other 3 (142G HD) and then play (ie do a test upgrade to 7.X)

Thx

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

upgrade requires you to wipe out whatever you have on the server, so might as well just leave the server as is. i see no point on loading 4.2(3) on it if your plan is upgrading to 7.X

read the upgrade guide for 7.X to understand how it goes, it's not as windows that you just installed the upgrade file. you insert the DVD and when prompted you use the DMA file

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Ok, so it sounds like all I need to do is a new install of 7.0 on the new server and just load the DMA?

With the new server, I plan to test the upgrade or install a couple of times before discontinuing my older server

What server HW platform do you recommend?

exactly, whether this is going to be on the old server or on the new server once you load the DVD it will wipe out everything, so it's really pointless to swap a HDD to load 4.2(3) on it if it's going to be a 7.x

take the DMA from the old server

when asked if this is a fresh install or an upgrade choose upgrade, then it will prompt you to point to the DMA file

if you install the server as new, then you're supposed to use a 7.X DRS file to restore. DMA is only used DURING the install, not after installed

this are all the supported servers:

Supported Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases by Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

you would need to choose the amount of users to be handled by the server, if the dial plan is heavy choose one with big HDD, maybe you need ILO? there are many factors, to consider. Some users always like HP, other only IBM. Also $ is always a huge factor =)

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: