Views
Helpful
Replies

Partially successful - Config archive

pradeepkum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have LMS 2.6 with RME 4.0.5. For few devices we are getting partially successful in CONFIG ARCHIVE. In the log i found PRIMARY START-UP, RUNNING are failed but VLAN RUNNING was successful.

The error message is below,

1. 10.108.33.10 PRIMARY STARTUP Apr 24 2009 13:10:17 Failed to get the start tag-! in the configuration.Check if the startup-config file is present on the device. PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection refused: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not.

2. 10.108.33.10 PRIMARY RUNNING Apr 24 2009 13:10:35 Failed to get the start tag-! in the configuration.Check if the startup-config file is present on the device. PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device. Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection refused: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not.

3. 10.108.33.10 VLAN RUNNING Apr 24 2009 13:10:42 Successful

Pls help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pradeep

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely caused by command authorization. Make sure the user configured in DCR has access to run "show running" and "show startup".

Hi Jclarke,

Thanks for your response. But the user i configured in DCR has the privilege for show running and show start. I manually logged in the switch with the same username and password and the show runn and start commands are working.

Then you should start a sniffer trace filtering on telnet traffic to this device. Perform a new Sync Archive to this device, then look at the sniffer trace when it fails. That should illustrate the problem.

I will do the sniffer trace and let you know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco