cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interference Energy ??

tsennett
Level 1
Level 1

My question is what exactly is Interference Energy ? What is the difference between Interference Energy the first measurement and Interference the last measurement in the mesaage below. Thanks for any explanations

AP 'AP.REJB.457', interface '802.11b/g' on Controller '192.168.10.10'. Channel changed to '11' from '1' due to 'Interference'. Interference Energy before update is '-53' and after update is '-81'. Noise before update is '-82' and after update is '-82'. Interference before update is '-53' and after update is '-118'.

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

I'll take a stab at this:

What version of code are you on?

I normally see the message as just "energy" not "interference energy". And the energy I've taken to understand that it means basically the overall RF energy in the AIR all things considered (noise, interference, valid 802.11 traffic, etc... but I could be mistaken).

Anyhow, DCA kicked in because your interference was so high, and it obviously did its job if you went from a -53 to -118.

Bottom line, I'm pretty sure this message in newer code (5.2) just says "energy", maybe because it is misleading that there is another "interference" listed.

WLC 5.0.148.8

WCS 5.2.130.0

jamesdust62625
Level 1
Level 1

What is Interference Energy and how does it differ from Interference in the provided message? The Interference Energy measurements before and after the update are -53 and -118, respectively. Thanks for any clarifications.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card