Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking Name of Line on Agents Phone.

I have two requirements

1. Setup number so that when a customer rings in it will ring on a certain number of phone and mask Company Name 1 on the Line when it is ringing to that the Agent will know which company the customer is calling and can answer with "Hello Company 1..........."

2. The same setup as Company 1 except that is display Company's 2 name.

I have setup a Line Group, Hunt List and a Hunt Group and assigned a DDI for these two numbers

When I ring Company 1 number it will ring on the phone but the agent doesn't know who the customer is ringing.

The same agent is answering Company 1 and Company 2's calls.

I hope all this makes sense.

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

I was just testing this out in our lab a little while back. You can change this behaviour by setting up the Listed DN's on CTI Route Points that "front end" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The calls to this DN will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Hunt Pilot CLID :)

So, for your example, if we take two Hunt Pilot DN's 2900 and 5555 move them to become the CTI-RP DN's and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page for both 2900 and 5555 set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 2900 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response. And when a call comes in via 5555 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

I was just testing this out in our lab a little while back. You can change this behaviour by setting up the Listed DN's on CTI Route Points that "front end" (via Call Forward All) the Hunt Group. The calls to this DN will still reach the Hunt Pilot but will strip off the CLID and replace it with it's own. This way your users will see the proper Hunt Pilot CLID :)

So, for your example, if we take two Hunt Pilot DN's 2900 and 5555 move them to become the CTI-RP DN's and create a new Hunt Pilot DN of 2100 (with the same Line Group Members). On the CTI-RP DN Configuration page for both 2900 and 5555 set the Call Forward All to 2100. When a call comes in via 2900 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response. And when a call comes in via 5555 the users will be able to see that CLID on their phones to identify the proper response.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

For Company 1, I have it setup so that when they ring the number 52331 it forwards to the hunt group 52776 and it rings on the phone displaying the companies name which is excellent. However this only works internally, it does work when they dial the xx-xxx2331 where xx is the area code.

Any ideas,

Anthony.

Hi Rob,

A good RESET fix it and it is working like a dream. Thanks a million for your help

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

You are most welcome my friend! Glad to hear this worked.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: