Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI Malta

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a lot of problems setting up a VWIC BRI in a Cisco 1861 that is connected BRI in Malta. As I am working on this remotely I am having a lot of difficulty getting information to configure this.

The ISDN's will be under MGCP control; however when I carry out a “show ISDN status” the layer 1 is showing as DEACTIVATED. If possible please could someone give me some guidance on the general setup.

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal, then when an in or out calls happens, the BRI becomes fully activated. Remember to configure "isdn tei-negotiation preserve" under bri interface.

Also, for added stability and ease of troubleshooting, recommend you use the port in h.323 mode.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is normal, then when an in or out calls happens, the BRI becomes fully activated. Remember to configure "isdn tei-negotiation preserve" under bri interface.

Also, for added stability and ease of troubleshooting, recommend you use the port in h.323 mode.

Many thanks for this I will try this when I get back to work on Monday.

Also do you know if you set the ISDN up as Basic Net 3?

Cheers

Richard

Yes, you do.

Many Thanks

You're welcome. Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: