cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoCad LT and CSA version 6.0.0.201

ddevecka
Level 1
Level 1

I am a newbie to CSA and we are running version 6 and I can't get AutoCAD LT to run on a machine running CSA. When I uninstall all is well. I am sure I am missing something and was hoping someone could help me on this one.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is typically the case with these problematic apps. Disabling csauser.dll will make the problem go away but you lose much functionality.

Mine worked with this rule:

When try to run it will .

That should fix it.

Is that how your rule is configured?

Tom

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

matt_nels
Level 1
Level 1

The first thing I would do, is turn on the verbose logging and put the agent in "Audit" mode. This way you can see what CSA could possibly be blocking. From there you could add your exceptions that allow AutoCAD LT to run.

I turned on Verbose logging and ran AutoCad and nothing showed up in the logs.

Dan

Put the group the host is in, in Audit mode. This will show all events firing.

Done and still nothing.

Dan

Are you seeing any events whatsoever? Or just not AutoCAD related?

I do see other events. Just nothing from AutoCAD.

You may need to create a rule that adds AutoCAD LT to the DAC <*Processes requiring Kernel Only Protection> to allow it to function properly.

It is documented here and though it is for v 4.5, it should work the same for v6.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5057/products_configuration_example09186a00805f0c18.shtml

Tom

Tom's answer is spot-on. a "5" from NYC.

Thanks Paul, I hope it works!

Let us know how it goes Dan.

Tom

Sorry Guys. I am just getting back to this issue. I will try what you recommend and let you know.

Thanks,

Dan

I did what you recommended and still nothing. Must be something other than the aclt.exe that is shutting it down.

Dan

Will I uninstalled CSA from a Client having issues with AcadLT and found only 2 processes happen when running AcadLT aclt.exe and assist.exe. I am going to try what you recommended with regard to an excultion of the assist.exe and see what happens.

Thanks,

Dan

Will I uninstalled CSA from a Client having issues with AcadLT and found only 2 processes happen when running AcadLT aclt.exe and assist.exe. I am going to try what you recommended with regard to an excultion of the assist.exe and see what happens.

Thanks,

Dan

I tried this with both files I found starting and still the application shuts down.

Thanks for you help. I am going to open a case with TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: