cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to logout EM after successful login

Eric.Wang
Level 1
Level 1

After I login to a phone, I want to log out. pressing "service" key didn't show the option to logout. just some URL to update speed-dial, etc... so user can login can not log out of EM.

where do I look for setting issue? the phone or the EM profile?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gavenm10240
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Solution for "can not logout after logging in"

First logout by going to the call manager and select device> phone>search for your phone ans select it, then scroll down until you see a button the say LOGOUT. Click logout.

Then do the following:

1. Device > phone > search for you phone and select it.

2. Scroll down to extension mobility. Select the TICK for extension mobility the click the drop down window and select USE CURRENT DEVICE and save.

3. On top right hand side in call manager select the drop down window and choose subscribe/unsubscribe to services and choose login logout.

4. do the same this when creating the device profile.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thanks but it didn't help.

more info:

using the same EM login, I can logout (from Service) from 7960 phone but not 7961 phone

1. the EM user profile has device type 7961 phone; I don't see where to set logout option here.

2. the phones are all have EM enabled. Log Out Profile is "use current device setting"

the funny part is after login on those 7960 phones, "service" key will return "extension mobility" then I can select it then logout.

I can't do so on 7961 phones.

any clue?

Here is what did to resolve this problem

at user device profile configuration page for my EM, there is a link (uppper right) "Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services". once the EM profile is subscribed to EM, I can logout of EM from the phone.

so

1. my user ID has been associated with EM device profile. or EM profile has been assigned to my user ID. Then why the EXTRA step is needed to subscribe EM on my EM profile?

2. at Device Profile Default Configuration for 7961, on link "Subscribe/Unsubscribe Services", I noticed the error of not having EM subscribed. 7960 has EM assigned. This may explain why logout was not present on 7961 phones. I have yet changed the setting for 7961 device profile.

but can anyone verify it's the cause?

and do I have to reset all 7961 phones when EM is assigned to 7961 device profile?

gavenm10240
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Solution for "can not logout after logging in"

First logout by going to the call manager and select device> phone>search for your phone ans select it, then scroll down until you see a button the say LOGOUT. Click logout.

Then do the following:

1. Device > phone > search for you phone and select it.

2. Scroll down to extension mobility. Select the TICK for extension mobility the click the drop down window and select USE CURRENT DEVICE and save.

3. On top right hand side in call manager select the drop down window and choose subscribe/unsubscribe to services and choose login logout.

4. do the same this when creating the device profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: