Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding Question

brobinson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

If I have my CFA set to an extension and when no one picks up at that extension it comes back to my voice mailbox. I do not want it this way, I would rather have it go to the mailbox of the extension I forwarded to; essentially a blind transfer. How to do this? CCM 6.x. Thank you!!

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ben,

This request is dependant on the version of Unity you are running. If you are @ 5.x or later this is most possible, this setting will fix this issue;

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/design/guide/5xcudg060.html#wp1040786

Hope this helps!

Rob

Forgot to say thanks! :)

Rob, wouldn't this affect Attendant Console lines and such tho? For example, when no one answers the AA hunt would Unity see the called number (with the setting changed as above) as AA originally called or the last person in the hunt? Thanks!

Hi Ben,

First off, sorry for missing your kind reply :) You are most welcome!

I can't test this for you, as we don't use any AA Hunt groups. Given the fact that this change in Unity is simply a "one up" checkbox (in Advanced settings) it should be easy enough to test and change back if the results are un-desired. My bet is that this change would not effect the AA Hunt in a negative way.

Cheers!

Rob

This information is good and "almost" solves my problem.

Is there a way to do have this set on a phone by phone basis? I would like Unity to use the Last Redirecting number for some phones and the Original called number for others.

Thanks!

Leighton

You could use routing rules in Unity Admin if the Call Forwarding source and destination numbers don't change. Else I don't think you can

Thank you. I thought that might be the case.

We got around it by adding the called number as an Alternate Extension into the Unity mailbox.

Hi leighton,

Just thought that I would add this for future reference :)

You can also use the Voicemail Profile config in CUCM to mask numbers that are routed to Voicemail and that you want to go to a specific VM Box.

For example;

You want calls that come to DN 2000 to route to the same VM Box @ DN 1000.

Create a VM Profile called "xxxx" with a Vm Mask of 1000.

On the Directory Number Configuration page for 2000.

Directory Number Settings

Voice Mail Profile = xxxx (what you created above)

All calls that route to VM from 2000 will receive the VM treatment for the 1000 Mailbox. We use this to route calls for multiple Instructors to Department Mailboxes rather than having their own :)

Hope this helps!

Rob