cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 filter all alerts from a specific IP address.

We have over 100 networks, with 1 to 2 servers with CSA 5.2 on them in each network. We stagger vulnerability scans on each network quarterly. Is there a way, to remove or filter the alerts for the IP address that scans these networks?

I've attempted to create a Network Access Control rule, inside a rule module, associated to a policy, associated to a group with all CSA servers included. I have also attempted to add that policy to all of the policies that are enforced on our agents. Neither of these sollutions worked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Add your IPs to the built in Network Address variable "Authorized Port Scanners" and it should allow scanning from those IPs.

By default it only has 0.0.0.0 as an authorized scanner address.

Tom

Thanks for replying Tom. I have the IP address of my scanner in that variable, but it seems to only work for network shield rules. The majority of the servers we have CSA on are IIS/Apache servers. So rules in the Common Web Server Security Module [W] still fire.

I've been banging my head against the wall on this, and I'm not sure it can even be done with CSA. Considering the rules that still fire do not seem to track the source IP address, I think I'm expecting the impossible.

Which rules are firing?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: