Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7985G Booting Problems

r.barba
Level 1
Level 1

I Friend

I have a problem with a Cisco 7985G video phone, but It is not booting, into the screen appear config VLAN, ip address after Quering TFTP server 172.20.98.250, but nothing happend, I checked the conectivity and everything is OK, also I have into CUCM the last firmware.

How can I fix this issue.

Regards

Rafael Barba

19 Replies 19

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

Is this the correct TFTP server - 172.20.98.250 from where phone shd get its config and load file..

Are u giving the ip address and other nerwork details to the phones manually or its picking them from the DHCP server..

Try giving them manualy and see that the the port where that phone is connecting is in the correct VLan..

Also check the compatibilty of the 7985 phone with your Call Manager..

In case you are using Auto registration , try to add phone manually in the call manager and see if that makes any difference...

Hi.

All the IP phones are picking the IP from a DHCP Server, and the TFTP server is the 172.20.98.250, I put the IP address manually and I checked that the VLAN was the correct, also I added the IP phone manually, with the user, and the phone, with the mac'address.

How can I disable autoregistration???,

The Call Manager is MCS7816H3-K9-CMC1 HW/SW MCS 7816-H3 Unified CM 7.0 Appliance The IP phone 7985 is compatible?? with the Call Manager that I sent you???.

How can I fix tihios issue??

Regards

Rafael Barba

To help in troubleshooting, can you plug the 7985 into a port of a phone that is working? This will narrow down the problem to either a routing problem or a UCM configuration problem.

To disable the Auto registration on the Call manager pls follow the following instructions:

System > Cisco Unified CM > Select the call manager where phone is registering > uncheck the following option:

Auto-registration Disabled on this Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Thank you for your answer, I will go to do that and I will inform you?.

Regards

Rafael Barba

Rafael please , i' running in the same problem, how do you have solve it.

7985 seems to have problem to booting in the tftp the request is correct but after this the phone do not make any change. And not register with own call manager group.

I am also seeing this issue. I plugged the 7985 into the same port that a 7965 was connected to, and the 7965 booted and registered ok.

When I connect the 7985 to this same port I see the issue that others mentioned above.

I am using CUCM 7.1.3.

can u send the switchport configuration here?

*Are u using DHCP server to allot IP addresses to the phones.

* When u plug ur 7985 phone to the port, does it get all the info from the DHCP server like ip address, TFTP server, default gateway, subnet mask

* Once it gets the ip address , can u ping that address from the TFTP server.

* Did u capture sniffers from the back of the phone. If not the then u capture them and see whats going on.

Do u see phone contacting its TFTP server to get the config file from there

Thanks for the quick reply! Answers inline.

>>>>>can u send the switchport configuration here?

interface FastEthernet0/0/2

load-interval 30

duplex full

speed 100

spanning-tree portfast

>>>>>Are u using DHCP server to allot IP addresses to the phones.

Yes, the voice gateway is the DHCP server, here is the DHCP config.

ip dhcp pool VLAN1

import all

network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 192.168.1.1

option 150 ip 192.168.1.10

lease 4

>>>>>When u plug ur 7985 phone to the port, does it get all the info from the DHCP server like ip address, TFTP server, default gateway, subnet mask

I believe so, but the phone is rebooting so often that I can't get into the phone settings to look at what it received from the DHCP. Other phones besides this 7985 register correctly however.

>>>>>Once it gets the ip address , can u ping that address from the TFTP server.

Yes

>>>>>Did u capture sniffers from the back of the phone. If not the then u capture them and see whats going on.

What am I looking for when I do the packet capture?

>>>>>Do u see phone contacting its TFTP server to get the config file from there

Yes, I see the following sequence on the 7985's LCD every time the phone boots;

1. Configuring VLAN

2. Configuring IP

3. Querying TFTP server at 192.168.1.10

4. Reboot

Thanks!

Any ideas? My executives are asking me why their $3500 phone doesn't work anymore :-(.

Firstly I don't see any vlan configuration on the switchport.

Secondly when u capture the sniffer traces, u shd be looking for tftp request from the phone's ip address as source and call manager's ip address as destinhation. If you are able to see that then look whether call manager ( TFTP server) is providing any config file to the phone or not.

Simultaneous Sniffers from call manager will also help. Take them to verify whether call manager is really receiving that tftp request that phone is sending.

* Are you facing this issue only with this 7985 phone or all the 7985 phones. If its the only one, try to connect this non-working 85 phone at the port where working 85 phone is connected.

* Also verify that TFTP service is running on the call manager

The 7985 phone was registered in a device pool where the call manager group contain call manager A, B , C. When the 7985 was moved to another device pool with a different call manager group call manager D, E, the problem appear, but if i register my ip phone (7961) on the same Device Pool the ip phone register correctly.

Now .... the network configuration certanly is right because on the same cable i can plug 7985 ip phone or my phone and working correctly.

I put in attach the trace captured in the call manager TFTP server (call manager D).

Ip address of 7985 10.130.196.100 Mac address SEP005060032CFC.

Ip address of TFTP 10.130.56.5

Please Help :-(((

I believe I'm having this same problem. Brand new CUCM v.7.0.2 with brand new 7985 phone. IP settings are hard coded into the phone. When the IP settings are entered into the new phone, it connects to the TFTP and downloads whatever the new firmware is there. The problem starts when the phone resets after it has downloaded the new firmware, i.e., continuous recycling/rebooting. The phone stops recycling when you unplug from the network and it can no longer see the CUCM/TFTP server.

Still having this problem, anyone at Cisco know of any bugs causing this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: