PC application added as 'listener' to Phone steeringcommands

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2009

In our environment the routing of calls is executed by a standard IPCC/CCM configuration. This functions OK.

Using the TAPI or JTAPI interface would like to develop a program on a workstation that 'listens' to all commands sent to the phones, e.g. ringing, connecting, phone number. It could be functionally considered as a man-in-the-middle, but it will only listen and all communication will still go between CCM and phone.

The question is this is feasible with the TAPI/JTAPI kits, or is the only solution to really create a man-in-the-middle and receive the calls and steer the phone from this 'new application'.

Any help is appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
m_mudassir_saeed Sun, 04/26/2009 - 08:45

Hello Marcel,

You are very true, and the application you are looking for can be developed using either TAPI/C++ or JTAPI/Java, and yes it will be monitoring all the phone devices configured within IPCC/UCM/CCM environment, please let me know if you need sample applications with source code.

Please note that all the sample applications and source codes I provide here in the forums are just for references and should not be assumed finalised products.

Thanks & Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

Marcel.Noordzij Tue, 05/05/2009 - 22:55

Hello Mudassir,

If you can provide me with some sample applications/source code samples that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks and best regards,

Marcel

stephan.steiner Wed, 05/06/2009 - 04:17

Download the IP phone services SDK from developer.cisco.com... it has a few cti samples (callerinfo).

alternatively, download jtapi/tapi from a running callmanager (login as ccmadministrator, then it is in the plugins), install it, and it comes with some samples (in case of jtapi there's one that makes calls, and another one that monitors all events that happen on a phone and dump the contents of these events to a window.. and the latter is probably what you want to base your code on).

m_mudassir_saeed Wed, 05/06/2009 - 04:22

Hi Marcel,

Please email me at m_mudassir_saeed [at] yahoo [dot] com, or provide your email address.

Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

Actions

This Discussion