Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding out status of upgrade via CLI

JonathanRHorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

We are upgrading our Call Manager to 6.1.3-3000 today, and during the upgrade the status went from 'Running' to 'The application has lost communication with the system. Check the status using CLI.'

The install log still updates every few minutes, but it is still reassuring to know when the install is done.

Has anyone else encountered this before, or knows how to resolve it?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello Jonathan,

What you could do is log back into OS administration GUI, go into Install/TFTP. There will be a Assume control button. You could click on it and see where you are at.

Thanks,

G

Please rate useful posts.

JonathanRHorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

This is what I got back from TAC:

There are two ways to check the status:

Option 1: Through web browser:

1) Close all web browser windows and open a new one.

2) Go to CUCM OS Admin page > Software Upgrade > Install/Upgrade

3) The system will tell you that there's an upgrade in progress and would you like to assume control.

4) Say 'Yes' to assume control and you'll see the status.

Option 2: Through command line

Go to CUCM command line interface and type the command "utils system upgrade status"

So....thank you Michael!

I know this is an old thread but...

Thanks for posting TAC reponse. I can confirm that both of these status methods are still working on version 7.1

I think what causes the issue is the session times out while waiting for status updates. Since you're not clicking anything to keep the session active... Either way log back in goto install update and assume control and you're right back there... Or use cli but info there is limited.

While I appreciate that this is an old thread, thank you for taking the time to post this. I can confirm that both methods are still relevant while upgrading from CUCM 11.0 (1) to 11.5.1(SU4).

My heart just skipped a beat when I thought I'd asked too much of my under specified development platform and driven it into the dirt. However both methods show the upgrade is still running. Time to sit on my hands and be a bit more patient ;-(.

Best

Rich

Steve Berglund
Level 1
Level 1

Very old post, but anyone coming here still may like an update. i'm doing an upgrade for call manager 8.6.2, and this process still works for assuming control, should you get this error during an upgrade.