cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to collect the attempts of calls after translation rule applied?

learner2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We applied the following translation rules on our voice gateways in order to block malicious incoming calls.

"voice translation-profile call_block

translate incoming 1

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 reject /##########/

rule 2 reject /##########/

dial-peer voice 1 voip

call-block translation-profile call_block"

My questions is - Is there any way to collect the number of those calls hitting our voicegateways?

By the way, the version of gateways is 12.4 (13D)

Thanks,

Jessica

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can route them to a service that announces not to call anymore, using CDR you would also record calling number and time of call.

Note however that usually, after a while malicious callers learn how to hide calling number, thing against which you've no remedy.

Could you please provide me with further information about re-routing to a service number? Can it be implemented on gateways or CCM?

Since I have asked a couple Cisco TAC and was told it is impossible to re-route calls.

You do not re-route. You route calls coming from certain numbers, to annunciator, route point or so. This is done adding specialized pots DP with an answer-address, and translating the called number to the service number.

Is there any documentation regarding to routing certain calls to announciator? Does it have to be done on CCM or both CCM and Gateways?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, not sure. I know how's done, not where is documented.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: