SRST and UCCX

Unanswered Question
Apr 26th, 2009

We have a CUCM Business edition ver 7.0

and srst ver 7 voice gateway with UCCX ver 5.0

In event of Business edition failing, we have got SRST configured on the Gateway.

Is there a way that I can configure the voice gateway to be able to use the UCCX.

Is it a case of just passing the digits with a dial-peer ? Are there any special commands needed.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
James Hawkins Mon, 04/27/2009 - 13:47

There is no way that I am aware of for UCCX to use SRST. SRST is fairly basic. I think that the best you could do with SRST is to use the alias command to redirect the DNs assigned to UCCX pilot points to IP phones as show below where 3500 is the pilot number and 3502 and 3503 are DNs assigned to IP phones.

alias 1 3500 to 3502 cfw 3500 timeout 5

alias 2 3500 to 3503 cfw 3500 timeout 5

If a call is placed to 3500 it will first be forwarded to 3502. If that extension is busy or does not answer after 5 seconds the call will ring on 3503. This is probably too basic for your requirements so it would be worth looking at CME-as-SRST which would provide support for more advanced call handling features such as hunt groups. More details on this are available at the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesrst.html

If this does not provide enough functionality then you probably need to a two server CallManager cluster which would be quite expensive.

I hope that this has helped. Please rate if helpful.

Actions

This Discussion