Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 - Unable to transfer to a hunt pilot or second line

dual_line
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 5 integrated with CUCM6.

Is there any reason why I cannot transfer to a hunt pilot or secondary line in CUCM6 from a Unity CH?

Transfers to primary lines work fine from both CH and Caller System Transfer. Are there any caveats associated with hunt pilot transfers?

The hunt pilots and secondary lines are in the standard 'internal' partition. The Unity ports have access to this partition.

Any help would be really appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Thanks Rob, but I've labbed this exact setup in CM4.1(3) integrated with Unity 4.0(2) and the transfers to a hunt pilot or secondary line work perfectly.

Upon further investigation I seem to have issues transfering to extensions with 6 digit numbers from Unity. For some reason 4 digit numbers work but for 6 the transfer is receiving a reorder tone back from CUCM which results in a TSP error in event viewer. There isnt any Class of Restriction on the Voicemail Ports and I've changed the CM Default System Transfer Restriction table to allow 6 digits! Not sure if that is being used for this type of transfer as I couldnt find any substantial documentation on its operation.

My setup is as follows:

1.CTI RP 100101 cfwd all to VM.

2.Forwarded call routing rule for 100101 set to attempt transfer for CH1.

3.CH1 with alternate transfer set to ring extension 100201.

4.HP 100201 directed to broadcast line group.

Hey d_l,

Did you move your new rule for six digits to the top of the Restriction table (allow)?

Also, I'm curious on what you are trying to do with this call flow? Why you can't just direct the call from 100101 to 100201 directly (just wondering :)

Rob

Yes, the rule for 6 digits is at the top of the list above the 4 digit rule and is set to allow transfers.

The idea is to provide an IVR solution where a caller into CUCM is forwarded into a series of call handlers in Unity where they receive prompts and options to select transfer to a specific department/hunt group.

I've tried moving the 6 digit hunt pilot number to a line on my phone but transfers still fail. Both the 4 digit (working) and 6 digit numbers are in the same partition, it's strange that one works while the other fails.

Hey d_l,

Can you look at this info from Christopher @ Cisco;

I suspect that you have not enabled the active transfer rule to allow transfer.

Go to the "Transfer" page for the Call Handler responsible for doing the transfer and ensure that appropriate transfer rule is enabled and set to allow transfers. If the "Alternate" transfer rule is enabled, it ovverides the "Standard" and "Closed" transfer rule.

Rob

The alternate transfer rule is enabled with ring extension set to the hunt pilot number.

I originally changed the CSS of the voicemail port 'lines' to allow transfer in the first place as per my post in the other forum. I might try deleting and rebuilding those ports with the correct CSS first time around.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: