Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover from HQ to Branch

join_sn09
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Please help me to show how can i design diagram for fail over from HQ to Branch.

I mean which equipment that i need to buy .and at my branch i have fiber optic and other VPN connection.the primary connection is fiber optic when the fiber down the VPN connection will be up automatically...

Please help me to let me know ......how can i do on this ?

Best Regards,

Join

7 Replies 7

srinivas_816
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you provide the existing network setup and the connectivity.

Depending on the exact requirement the design and hard requirement can be provided.

Please mail me on srinivas.paila@mphasis.com if it could not be published.

thanks and regards

Srini

I too am looking assistance in a similar situation.

VPN via DSL in the event of MPLS failure.

Hi,

we setup a VPN tunnel that is now a "backup" to the main MPLS link. MPLS routes are advertised using OSPF and we simply use a floating static route to send traffic to the VPN tunnel when the MPLS fails. In our case the VPN tunnel terminates on a separate firewall from the device terminating the MPLS connection.

Regards,

Steve

I would like to see how you tagged the interesting traffic within your config and route map. Could you provide me with an example please?

Dear all,

Please see in the attach file.

and let me know how can i do ?

Best Regards,

Join

I do not see a router in your design, mine looks similar but instead of the Switches I have 2811 routers with security set.

I was looking at the new command used by the Enzo wireless card "Backup interface" and thought that might be way to do failover but not sure. Mine needs to switch to vpn backup upon Layer3 failure not just sync.

the easy way based on your requirment is using HSRP

make the lease line router the active router nthe HSRP group and the VPN router the standby

users will use the virtuall IP addrees of that HSRP

regarding whihc router of cisco to use

hte answer depend on the size of the network and required functionalities

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card