Helpful
Replies

presence the phone and mobile field entries not coming from LDAP

I tested by changing name and all...working fine changes happening

But the phone field is not coming at all

ANY IDEA????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You forgot to check the option "recursive search". Check it, save it. exit/re-launch CUPC.

Michael

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try to make the connection using the 3268 LDAP port to the Global Catalog Server as well?

Sometimes 389 does not work

I just looked at your jpg, it will not show there, it will only show on the actual CUPC client when it does the call into LDAP. The presence viewer I think will not show all the information you are expecting it to.

I will try to change the port no: and let u know

Thankyou

still I am not getting

The problem is

From ldap, the mobile no: is getting to callmanager but in presence, the mobile field is empty.So I cant make doubleclick and call from personal communicator

when anything I cahged in Ldap its get reflecting in presence datatbase also.But mobile no: is not coming

Please Help

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. But it looks like there's some confusion here.

Confusions and mistakes are usually caused by false assumptions.

CUPC gets LDAP attributes from LDAP directly. CUPC does not retrieve those attributes from CUPS.

If you're troubleshooting double-click on CUPC, the CUPS presence viewer doesn't help at all.

When you double-click a contact in CUPC, CUPC dials the number in "BusinessPhoneNumber". By default "BusinessPhoneNumber" is mapped to "telephoneNumber" in Active Directory.

If you cannot double-click a contact to dial, that's because "BusinessPhoneNumber" was blank.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

the telephone no: is entered in ldap and it is coming to callmanager

In cupc the health status is also showing green with comm to ldap

If you cannot double-click a contact to dial, that's because "BusinessPhoneNumber" was blank.

ans: right the business ph no: is blank but telephone no: I already added in ldap(microsoft dc)

Is there any reason for the no: is not coming....

please help

I have just checked the settings I use on our CUPS, where we do have mobile numbers dial-able from CUPC.

you could try to fill in the relevant LDAP attribute mappings on CUPS (application-->CUPC, this will allow you to fill in all attributes). press the help "about this page" to see what attributes you should fill in.

also, the AD server you are adding the mobile numbers, is this the same as you are pointing CUPS to? if you run multiple DC in a domain, it takes a bit of time to propagate

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

If the telephone number populated in CUCM but not CUPS, restart the "Cisco UP SyncAgent" service on CUPS.

Michael

I tried that one also ...still the place a call is not active...

My ldap helth status is attached herewith

If anyone interested i can give contol to presence through teamweaver...

I'd recommend you open a TAC case between 1pm and 4pm CDT (GMT-5) and ask for Michael Luo. :)

i dont havw privileges....

now i am trying to upgrade cupc to ver 7

can u use teamweaver to help me

still same issueeee.....

Could you post some screenshots?

1) CUPS Admin > Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > Settings.

2) ADUC (Active Directory Users and Computers) > The user you tried to call from CUPC > General tab.

3) CUPC > right-click on the contact you tried to call > Show contact details.

Michael

I am, attcaching the three

server health status for LDAP

Thank you for your care

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: