Helpful
Replies

End Of Sale/End Of Life Report Fails in LMS

j-fragoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When I execute this report the next error appears

"Unable to get data from Cisco.com. Check Cisco.com connectivity. Try again later"

Others reports that it needs Cisco.com credentials works fine.

I attach doc file with screenshots

Any idea?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This problem could be due to a variety of bugs. The most likely candidate is CSCsr78184. There is a patch available for this by contacting the TAC.

View solution in original post

It seems you are typing the SQL statement together with curly brackets or the single quotes into the SQL statement field of the dbreader interface. You should only type the following SQL statement itself into the box:

ALTER TABLE ..... VARCHAR(255)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This problem could be due to a variety of bugs. The most likely candidate is CSCsr78184. There is a patch available for this by contacting the TAC.

thanks

From TAC cisco, They tell me the next one:

As a workaround:

“Modifying the EOS_EOL_CARD table with the following query (i.e. using dbreader) \fixes the problem:-

{ ALTER TABLE EOS_EOL_CARD MODIFY BULLETIN_NUMBER VARCHAR(255) } “

I have tried to access BD using dbreader tool but it request user/pass that I haven't got.

What is default user/pass?

LMS 3.0

Thanks

What is

I wonder if there is a patch available that will do the required steps for you because doing any changes to the database contains some risks. So, first I would asks TAC if they have a patch.

The user is 'DBA' (without quotes) but there is no default password. If you did a custom installation of LMS you have entered the password during the installation; If you do not know the password you can change the password with the following steps: shut down daemon manager and run dbpasswd.pl.

on windows

"NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe" "NMSROOT\bin\dbpasswd.pl" dsn=rmeng

on solaris:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbpasswd.pl dsn=rmeng

replace NMSROOT with your installation path (e.g. on windows: C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

Thanks mermel.

I need procedure for connect to DB on solaris. On windows, I can use dbreader but on solaris I don't know how to do it. Can you help me please?

The dbreader interface is platform independent and you can use dbreader on solaris as well. Login to LMS as an admin and change the path to the dbreader interface. The user for the RME database (rmeng) is 'DBA'.

Thanks again mermel

I am glad if I could help you!

I have other problem when I try execute this query the next error appears:

SQL Statement:

{ ALTER TABLE EOS_EOL_CARD MODIFY BULLETIN_NUMBER VARCHAR(255) }

*** Error ***

Syntax error near ' ALTER TABLE EOS_EOL_CARD MODIFY BULLETIN_NUMBER VARCHAR(255) ' on line 1 (DBD: prepare failed)

Why?

Best Regards, Jose

It seems you are typing the SQL statement together with curly brackets or the single quotes into the SQL statement field of the dbreader interface. You should only type the following SQL statement itself into the box:

ALTER TABLE ..... VARCHAR(255)

thanks it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: