Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Manager User Traking Issue

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed Cisco Works LMS 3.1 to manage 10 Cisco 2960 and 4 Cisco 3560 using SNMP v3.

The Cisco Catlaysts 2960 are used for access to devices. When I would like to use “User Tracking” functionality, a message indicating that no user record is appear.

I have verified that all my switchs are managed by Campus Manager and that they have correct Snmp v3 credential. And I have verified that the mac-address-table on the switchs are not empty.

I have started UT Acquisition and I have enabled “debug snmp packets” on one of the switch 2960. I have seen this output:

3d00h: SNMP: Get-bulk request, reqid 6, nonrptr 0, maxreps 10

dot1dTpFdbEntry.2 = NULL TYPE/VALUE

dot1dTpFdbEntry.3 = NULL TYPE/VALUE

3d00h: SNMP: Response, reqid 6, errstat 16, erridx 0

dot1dTpFdbEntry.2 = NULL TYPE/VALUE

dot1dTpFdbEntry.3 = NULL TYPE/VALUE

I seem that there is an error in the response of the switch (errstat 16).

Can you help me please to resolve this issue and thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for UT to work with SNMPv3 switches, you must have contexts properly configured on these switches. Consult the Campus Manager online help (search for context) to see how to configure context support on the device.

For a 2960s and 3560s, the switches need to be running 12.2(25)SEE or higher.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for UT to work with SNMPv3 switches, you must have contexts properly configured on these switches. Consult the Campus Manager online help (search for context) to see how to configure context support on the device.

For a 2960s and 3560s, the switches need to be running 12.2(25)SEE or higher.

Thank you very much. It was a problem on context name and it is resolved now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: