cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Personal Communications Assistant

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

Where do I set the Username and Password for CPCA ?

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

Via Admin>Users>*select user>Edit> Change passwords>Web Applications Password (used for PCA access)

Hope this helps!

Rob

We have a voice mailbox setup that when you leave a message you are notified via a e-mail stating this: To access the message go to https://nmmi-unity/ciscopca.

When you login to the Personal Assistant Site all you can do is listen to your greeting. Is this site not intended to listen to any messages left for you in a voice mail?

Hi Bill,

When you first get to the PCA Home, you should be offered these choices;

The Cisco PCA lets you access the following Cisco web tool(s):

Cisco Unity Assistant

The Cisco Unity Assistant lets you customize how you and your callers interact with Cisco Unity Connection by phone. You can also use it to personalize your Cisco Unity Connection settings -- including your recorded greetings and message delivery options -- or to set up message notification devices and create private lists.

Cisco Unity Inbox

The Cisco Unity Inbox lets you listen to, compose, reply to, forward, and delete voice messages.

So you need to go into the Cisco Unity Inbox to listen to VM Messages.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Inbox is a "Licensed" feature and it must be allowed under the user's COS.

**Allow Users to Use the Cisco Unity Inbox and RSS Feeds**

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob:

When you say the Inbox is a licensed feature and must be allowed under the User's COS, it that something I change in the Unity Connection 5.0 Admin Page.

Right now when I click on the link: https://nmmi-unity/ciscopca.

it takes me to the Cisco Unity Assistant and that is all.

Hi Bill,

Yes, via UC Admin> COS >Allow Users to Use the Cisco Unity Inbox and RSS Feeds (checkbox) .

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please see attachment.

Is this saying we do not have the licenses for this feature? In the System COS the Unity Inbox is selected so I am confused to why we can not access it through the web link.

There are not enough Unity Inbox licenses to proceed with this operation. Please see the licensing page for more

I can not allow the Unity Inbox License to be selected as a system wide feature. Is this something I can select for designated users?

Hi Bill,

At this point you are not licensed for any Cisco Unity Inbox users :(

This is a feature that can be assigned to designated users via the relationship between the User/Template/COS. So, for example, you could purchase 100 Inbox licenses and apply them to an Executive "style" COS.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I just got done upgrading from UCMBE 6.0.1 to 7.1.2 via the PUT tool.

If I had only upgraded to 7.0, I would have lost my voice enabled directory handlers, but, once upgraded, all ports are enabled for all features (ASR, TTS, TRAP, AA, VM, etc...)

I logged into the Quick configuration tool and could not see any licenses as optional.

We have what used to be 10 advanced user licenses still installed.

Do you happen to know the Part Number for this license?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: