Helpful
Replies

SRST and UCCCX

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

We have a CUCM Business edition ver 7.0

and srst ver 7 voice gateway with UCCX ver 5.0

In event of Business edition failing, we have got SRST configured on the Gateway.

Is there a way that I can configure the voice gateway to be able to use the UCCX.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Personally, I would consider using the B-ACD TCL script on the gateway. That way you can have resilience against UCCX failure as well (or even get rid of it completely :-)

View solution in original post

Unfortunately it's not that simple as UCCX does not include H323 nor SIP protocols, so dial-peers can not be used.

UCCX uses JTAPI for call control for which you need either CallManager or CallManager Express.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

chadlincoln
Level 3
Level 3

There is no way to do that since you can't have JTAPI integration with SRST. I would make sure you have the alias command under call-manager-fallback and have inbound numbers at least his an extension during a failover.

You could run SRST as CME, but UCCX can be integrated with one or the other. So as an alternative you can implement second UCCX server and integrate it with CME (SRST).

Alternatively you can configure BACD on the router as a backup when site is in CME (SRST) mode.

Chris

thanks for the responses, actually all I need to do is run a script on uccx that is for out of hours, we don't have any agents.

SO I am guessing I just need a dial peer

poinitng to the UCCX server?

Personally, I would consider using the B-ACD TCL script on the gateway. That way you can have resilience against UCCX failure as well (or even get rid of it completely :-)

Unfortunately it's not that simple as UCCX does not include H323 nor SIP protocols, so dial-peers can not be used.

UCCX uses JTAPI for call control for which you need either CallManager or CallManager Express.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: