Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 doesn't start after migration from LMS 2.6

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we had installed a LMS 2.6 and we have migrated to a LMS 3.1 following the LMS Data Migration guide.

Now LMS 3.1 doesn't start and in the TomcatMonitor.log. The error message in all the log files is similar to the following lines:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\CSCOpx\objects\dmgt\ready\TomcatMonitor (There is not enough space on the disk)

TomcatMonitor CreateReadyFile failed: WARNING: PX_DMGTHOST env var not set; using defaults

I need some help, what can be happening?

Many thanks.

8 Replies 8

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Find attached some log files.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing to look at is the disk space issue. Make sure that this file system has sufficient space.

Hi,

yes, it has sufficient space (70 Gb of empty space!).

Post your NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties.

Hi,

the first thing we did was updating from 2.5.1 to 2.6 (and then upgrading to 3.1) and I have realized that we have the same messages in the 2.6 version...

Find attached the md.properties file.

Can you reliably reproduce the disk space error, or just the error about PX_DMGTHOST?

Hi,

we decided to forget the migration and make a LMS 3.1 clean installation. So we have done it but we have exactly the same errors, and after some hours is has began with strange behaviours: ANIServer stopped, all the config fetchs have failed... and finally it doesn' start. We have also the same error messages about the disk space and PX_DMGTHOST.

It's installed in a ESX 3.5 with enough disk and memory, etc.

But today I have realized that the OS (Windows 2003 Server) was installed in English but with the locale in Spanish. Before the installation we have changed it to US English but it seems that it doesn't work well.

Could it be this the cause for all the problems?

Many thanks.

Yes. If the OS is truly a Spanish copy of Windows, that will absolutely not work. You must install a US English localized copy of Windows 2003.