7931 can't end the call

Unanswered Question
Apr 27th, 2009

I have 7931 with SCCP31.8-4-4S running on CME 12.4.22T1. From time to time user can't end the call by pressing "End Call" button or normally. The call stays in progress even the remote party hung up already. Only the way to end this is reboot the phone. sh ephone offhook shows 0 phones on call, but 7931 keeps blinking the line and show the call on the screen.

Did anybody see such thing?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ivillegas Mon, 05/04/2009 - 09:30

Is it occurring for only one phone? Are you using shared lines? Is there any firewall in between?

klondike@ameri-... Mon, 05/04/2009 - 09:41

It's occurring on all 7931 (in this particular install there are 9 of them). I'm not using shared lines, but I use bunch of BLF buttons and intercom buttons. First 3 buttons are DID's the remaining 21 buttons are BLFs and intercoms.

There is no FW in between, it's all local single 3560 switch.

I was able to reproduce this in the lab also and submitted the captures to TAC. They say it smells like a bug.

m_mudassir_saeed Mon, 05/04/2009 - 09:40

This normally happens when there is a network issue, i.e. network is not responding or similar situation, and it happens as I have experienced it lot of time. Just to verify this situation, next time, when you face this problem, try to ping something on network, e.g. your mail server, it should not be pinging as per my experience.

Best Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

This Discussion