Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS, CUCM with OCS

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we have integrated CUPS, CUCM and OCS and everything works great. Except couple of users have the same problem. thier phones ring themselves. For example one of them has extension 1501, every 30 minutes the phone rings itself (extension 1501 dials 1501).

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This behavior is expected, when the following are true:

1) You don't have the device name specified in the line URI.

2) The user has more than one phone associated with their user account.

CUPS needs a way to select a primary phone. So it'll ring all devices. The first one picked up would be the primary device.

With that said, if you don't want the phone to be rang, just make either #1 or #2 false.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

#1 and #2 both are false in our config.

the user only has one device and I've specified device in OCS "device=SEPxxxxxxxx". But user also has extension mobility profile. it might cause the problem.

thanks

Alex

You didn't say what version is the CUPS.

In CUPS 7.0.3 and higher, a MOC plug-in is required. This plug-in will give you the option to choose the controlled phone.

Michael

Hi Michael,

I am trying to install MOC plug-in but I got error message stating "installation package could not be opened, ..."

I did:

c:\>msiexec /I "Cisco MOC RCC Plug-in.msi" CUPFQDN=presence.akins.local /L*V install_Log.txt

Thanks

Alex

Maybe the package was corrupted. Could you download it again?

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: